Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Magpie Multi-Tasks...

I am updating the blog with WSOP Main Event news from cardplayer.com; watching the 1st final table of the Professional Poker Tour (on the Travel Channel) and playing in the freeroll I mentioned earlier. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that all three tasks involve poker - yeah, right...

Twenty minutes into the freeroll and have gone from 1500 starting chips to 3900. Chip leader has 9500. We started with 226 and already down to 145 players. Make that 144...

Meanwhile at the real poker tournament...Robert Williamson III, Aaron Kanter, Robert Varkonyi, have all been eliminated,

Josh Ariel has been penalized for dropping the F-Bomb and Freddy Deeb escapes a penalty for the same offense when all the players at his table defended him following the "reporting" of the F-Bomb by a nosy player at a nearby table. Tattle-tale...

Notables still in the action: John Gale, Daniel Negreanu, Peter Feldman, Joseph Hachem, TEd Forrest, Cecelia Mortensen, Nam Le, Minh Nguyen, Tom McEvoy, Josh Ariel, Meng La, Allyn Jaffrey Shulman, Freddie Deeb, Kathy Liebert, Susie Isaacs.

Meanwhile back at the Trop Freeroll, I have built my stack to 5800 chips with 97 players remaining - woo hoo!! Since Umagumma busted out, not much chat...spoke too soon...Runelord and Spankdog7 have decided to become the poker police and criticize player who made a bad call in their "expert" opinions...classy language, too. Their mommas must be proud.

And Magpie has been eliminated in 78th position. Made a all-in bad; thought it was a good call untill I saw I was cripped with AQ suited against pocket QQ and no A came and I was out on my A...oh, well as Scarlett O'Hara would say - I'll worry about it tomorrow...

No comments: